[pjw] VOLUNTEER/EVENTS: PJW mailing Thurs 6/23 1 PM->upcoming events / meetings

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Fri Jun 17 11:44:55 EDT 2016

Hey Peace and Justice Works supporters

The main purpose of this email is to see if we can round up three more
people (we already have 5) to help us mail out the new PJW UPDATE next
Thursday, June 23 from 1 PM-4 PM (or any part thereof) at our office. Let
us know by email or phone (503-236-3065).

The UPDATE will contain announcements about upcoming events coordinated by
or cosponsored by PJW including:

--Our summer quarterly meeting on Sunday, July 10 at 12:00 noon at the
Unite Oregon (formerly CIO) office, at 700 N Killingsworth (about 11
blocks west of MLK/2 blocks east of Albina)-- vegetarian potluck
12:00-12:30, meeting 12:30-2 PM

--That same afternoon in the same place, Sunday July 10, we have scheduled
the presentation "Viet Nam Revisited with S. Brian Willson," with the
famous veteran/activist describing how this year's trip was his first
"voluntary" return to that country.

--Tuesday, August 9 at 6 PM at the Japanese-American Historical Plaza, NW
Naito Parkway/Davis, "Remembering Hiroshima & Nagasaki: Creating a
Nuclear-Free Future," coordinated by Oregon Physicians for Social
Responsibility.

So help us get the word out, come for some good conversation and lots of
folding and labelling!

Meeting Schedule update June/July:

Because of the July 4 holiday and the Quarterly meeting, this is our
meeting schedule for our Affinity Groups in the upcoming weeks:

--Portland Copwatch- Monday, June 27 at 6:30 PM
   (remember you need an orientation to come to a PCW meeting)

--Iraq Affinity Group- Monday, July 18 at 7:00 PM

thanks
dan handelman
--Peace and Justice Works
    PO Box 42456