[pjw] ACTION: Divestment issues on City Council agenda Wed 11/30

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Sat Nov 26 13:58:52 EST 2016

Hey Peace and Justice Works Supporters

Last month we updated you about the Socially Responsible Investment
committee, which was considering proposing that the City of Portland stop
investing in Caterpillar. The vote by City Council is coming up this
Wednesday, November 30 at 2 PM, and will also include a proposal to divest
from Wells Fargo and other banks due to their investments in the private
prison industry.

Below is the call to action from our friends at Americans United for
Palestinian Human Rights about the hearing. As they point out,
Caterpillar's not only complicit with the violation of human rights in
Palestine, but also the ongoing battle over the Dakota Access PipeLine.
dan handelman
peace and justice works