[pjw] Action: Protesting militarism at the Rose Festival Sat 6/10, 2-4 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Tue Jun 6 21:35:42 EDT 2017

Hey PJW supporters
Every year a few of us go down to support the War Resisters League action
at the Rose Festival. At what used to be called the "fun center" (now the
"CityFair") there are usually one or more military recruiting booths /
stations. This is of course in addition to the warships parked along our
waterfront. I'm hoping to get a photo this year of the fences around those
ships which, at this "family-friendly" event are lined with barbed wire
and warn that trespassers may be shot. (From Homeland Security, family
friendly since 2001.)

Anyway, here are the details from John Grueschow at WRL. The protest
usually is at Salmon St Springs but is now slated just North of the
Burnside Bridge. Don't forget your sunscreen!
dan h
peace and justice works