[pjw] RSVP: PJW newsletter mailing Thurs 6/29, Anniversary event Sat 7/22

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Thu Jun 22 18:36:59 EDT 2017

Hello again Peace and Justice Works supporters!

We're gearing up to do a special combined mailing of the next Peace and
Justice Works UPDATE (newsletter) next Thursday, June 29 from 4-7 PM at
the office. Because one of the features of the newsletter is the Peace and
Justice Works/ Portland Copwatch 25th anniversary celebration (details
below) we will be mailing to both the PJW and PCW lists, meaning about
1000 pieces need to be folded, stuffed and labeled. If you are free for
some or all of the time next Thursday, please RSVP. We need a total of 10
people to help and right now we have five, so halfway there!

The celebration event will be on Saturday July 22 at the Unite Oregon
Office 700 N Killingsworth (at Borthwick, across from PCC Cascade). We're
billing it as a "Stuff-Raising" event as we will ask people to come with
something from our wish list (which we're working on updating with more
details) and join us for video clips, refreshments, memorabilia,
information about PJW and PCW's first 25 years, and items for sale. The
Celebration will be preceded by the PJW Summer Quarterly Meeting from
4:00-5:30 PM that same day. If you know you are able to make both events
and/or can come at 5:30 PM to help with volunteer tasks, let us know that
too.

Yes, it's true, we formed the group in March 1992 about a year after the
"Gulf War," shortly before the uprisings in LA around the Rodney King
verdict, and long before the internet was widely used. Given the serious
nature of the wars abroad and police violence at home, there's plenty of
program work for us to do, but... your 25th anniversary only comes around
once!

If you want to get a jumpstart on helping us celebrate by making a
donation, you can send us a check/money order or donate on line at
  http://www.pjw.info/pjwdonate.html

Thanks
dan h
--Peace and Justice Works/Portland Copwatch
    PO Box 42456
    Portland, OR   97242
    (503) 236-3065
    pjw at pjw.info