[pjw] RSVP: Anyone still get the print Oregonian?

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Wed Mar 29 16:29:21 EDT 2017

Hi
While it is the 21st century and we do have internet access here, it's
been of ongoing use to have copies of the physical Oregonian newspaper for
a few reasons. One is to track how they cover the news of America's wars--
they went from the front page every day to only occasional small stories
buried in the back, even though as of April 7 we'll have been at war for
15 1/2 years. (And, are still actively engaged in warfare in the 7
countries of Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan, Libya, Somalia and of
course Syria.)

We also use physical newspapers to archive stories for Portland Copwatch
and frequently depend on them to create interesting looking graphics
(stills of web pages are quite boring). There is someone who devotedly
clips out articles for Copwatch but sometimes is out of town, and
sometimes international stories are back-to-back so having a second copy
helps.

Due to an email mix-up, we only learned that the person who's been
supplying PJW with papers for years stopped delivery in mid-January, for
which, well, who can blame them.

Obviously there are many flaws in this concept including that home
delivery doesn't include the Oregonian's news-stand issues on Mon, Tues
and Thursdays, newspapers use a lot of resources, and the O doesn't
deserve financial support, but hey, it's the local paper of record so I'm
figuring someone on this list might be willing to set them aside and drop
them off here every couple of weeks.

If that person is you, let me know!

Thanks
dan handelman
peace and justice works/portland copwatch