[pjw] MEETING: Iraq Affinity Group meets Monday, May 8, 7 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Thu May 4 00:11:42 EDT 2017

The next meeting of the Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group will be
held this coming Monday, April 10 at 7 PM at our office at 2807 SE Stark.
(Meetings are generally on the 2nd Monday of each month.)

FYI, there's a meeting of the Peace and Justice Works voting membership
taking place from 6:45 PM to 7 PM just to affirm our Authorized Check
Signers as nominated at the Annual meeting, due to a mix-up with paperwork
by our credit union.

Here's the proposed agenda for Monday's meeting:

MISSION STATEMENT:
   The Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group is committed to educating
   the public about the effects of U.S. policy on the people of Iraq, and
   other areas including SW Asia, North Africa, and the "Middle East,"
   and on the domestic costs of war.

7:00 PM Political update: brief headlines including what's new in
       Iraq/Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Iran, Gaza, and the USA

7:25 PM Proposed and ongoing actions:
    ---May 14 "Mother of All Protests" rally/March-- planning
    ---April 14  "No War on Syria, No Global War" rally/march-- debrief
    ---Hiroshima Day 2017: August 9-- updates
    ---Meetings with peace and justice community members
       --in light of likelihood of more wars in 2017
         (including follow up to IVAW Jan 5 forum)--updates/action
    ---Guantanamo resolution--updates
    ---tabling at Vancouver Peace and Justice Fair-- updates
    ---Troops home campaign / letters to Governor & Blumenauer-- updates
    ---BDS resolution regarding City investments-- update
    ---Upcoming ideas /opportunities for educational forums/demonstrations
    --Other recent ideas

8:20 PM Other upcoming events/action items (incoming requests)

8:30 PM Other business--finances/fundraising and office space / phone
     Outreach/membership recruitment
     PJW 25th Anniversary-- summer quarterly meeting/plans

8:40 PM Set next meeting
    Announcements

8:45 PM end

Please write back if there is anything missing from the proposed agenda or if
you want to attend but won't be able to make it.

As always, we need your support to help us keep doing our work!
    Donate on line: http://www.pjw.info/pjwdonate.html

--dan handelman
Peace and Justice Works
    Iraq Affinity Group