[pjw] EVENT REMINDER: "Current Wars, New Wars, Street Wars" Sat. Oct. 21, 2017, 7:30 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Wed Oct 18 16:56:47 EDT 2017

Friends
This is a reminder about the forum we're coordinating this Saturday,
October 21 at 7:30 PM about "Current Wars, New Wars, Street Wars." Below
is the updated announcement if you would like to forward it out.

There is also a Facebook page hosted by American Iranian Friendship
Council at https://www.facebook.com/events/318889575251784 .

There will be two of us arriving early (about 6 PM) to set up, if anyone
on this list can also help out at about that time let me know.

This announcement incorporates a few updates, including that the space is
wheelchair accessible but the entry point requires one of our volunteers
to open the door from the inside, so let us know if you can if you will
need assistance.

(And, don't forget, the informal potluck memorial for Ann Huntwork is at
Peace House from 4-7 on Saturday, with the formal memorial on Sunday at
Westminster Presbyterian at 2 PM.)

OK, I think that's all for now, hope to see you on Saturday!
dan h

                     "Current Wars, New Wars, Street Wars"
           a forum connecting the US wars in Iraq, Syria Afghanistan
                       Libya, Pakistan, Yemen & Somalia,
         threats on Korea / Iran, the re-ignited cold war with Russia,
                     and the rise of right wing extremism
                          Saturday, October 21, 2017
                                    7:30 PM
                  Sunnyside Community House, 3520 SE Yamhill
                      1 block south of Belmont / #15 bus

Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group is hosting a forum titled
"Current Wars, New Wars, Street Wars" on Saturday, October 21 at 7:30
PM at Sunnyside Community House, 3520 SE Yamhill (one block south of
Belmont, #15 bus). The forum's goal is to connect America's ongoing
wars (in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia),
the new threats of war (with Korea, Iran and Russia) and the rise of
right wing extremism and violence in the streets at home. The event is
free but donations will be accepted at the door. There will be five
short presentations on the main topics followed by a Q&A session.

This event is being funded in part by the Jan Bone Memorial Fund for
Public Forums, but please consider making a donation to the Iraq
Affinity Group to support this important forum. Send a check to PO Box
42456, Portland OR 97242 or follow the "Donate" button on the website.

Note: There is wheelchair access to the space at Sunnyside Community
House, but it requires one of our volunteers to open extra doors,
please let us know ahead of time if you will need assistance.

For more information contact Peace and Justice Works at 503-236-3065 or
iraq at pjw.info.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/318889575251784

Flyer: http://www.pjw.info/new_current_st_wars_flyer.pdf

Link to this announcements for updates: