[pjw] Remembering Bruce Huntwork (and Ann): Sat. July 7 4 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Sun Jun 17 14:20:41 EDT 2018

PJW supporters

It is with sadness but in some sense no surprise that I report to you the
death of Bruce Huntwork, who died at the end of May. Coming just about 8
months after the death of his wife Ann, he follows so many who join their
longtime companions in quick succession.

Like Ann, Bruce was a long-time member of the PJW Iraq Affinity Group and
brought his knowledge and curiosity to our meetings for many years before
his memory began to fade. A brain surgeon whose brain lost its way, but
who always had a smile on his face and a warm handshake.

WILPF forwarded this information about the memorial service, planned for
Saturday July 7:

---

I learned today that Bruce Huntwork, widower of WILPFer Ann Huntwork and a
former Kaiser physician, died recently. The memorial service will be held
on July 7 at 4 pm at Peace House 2116 Northeast 18th Avenue Portland, OR
97212.

---

In addition, over at Flying Focus I posted a 40 minute clip from 1991 with
Ann and Bruce talking about their work on the Iran-Iraq border following
the "Gulf War." Some of the video is choppy due to the age of the tape,
but... they are so amazing.

Here's the URL and the full description of the clip, which can also be
found by going to
http://www.youtube.com/FlyingFocus

Direct link:

https://youtu.be/7QJNEUuMb1s

Iran and the Iraqi Refugees: Gulf War Update 10/91 with Ann & Bruce
Huntwork

Two of Portland's most dedicated peace activists talk about their two
months on the border of Iran and Iraq shortly after the "Gulf War" of
1991. Posting this in 2018, it resonates strongly about how the US talks
about both Iraqis and Iranians as "others" who don't matter if they are
the targets of a war. FFVC decided to post this segment after Ann and
Bruce Huntwork died in Sept. 2017 and May 2018, respectively. They are
missed and not forgotten.

This was one of three segments on "Che's Lounge/P is for Perception"
episode 8, our first series under the Flying Focus name. The segment's
full title was:

H is for Humanitarian
Iran and the Iraqi Refugees: Gulf War Update
with Ann and Bruce Huntwork

It ran on October 29, 1991.

The many dropouts (especially in the first 40 seconds) are due to the age
of the tape when we converted it from analog to digital tape.