[pjw] Event: Armistice Day Commemoration Sunday 10:30 AM Director Park

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Thu Nov 8 13:56:36 EST 2018

PJW supporters
As noted the other day, Sunday marks 100 years since "the war to end all
wars." And yet here we are in the 18th year of the war in Afghanistan,
with ongoing drone and airstrikes in Iraq, Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan,
Libya, and Syria, not to mention troops on the ground in most of those 7
countries. Drone bases in Africa, military installations all over, and a
president who wants to rip up arms control treaties.

Of course, there was also WW II, Korea and Viet Nam, Granada, Panama, Gulf
War I and many covert and proxy wars in Central America and around the
globe.

So, that war to end all wars really worked, I guess.

Anyway, the Veterans For Peace usually does a commemoration on Veterans
Day downtown-- this year it will be in Director Park at SW Park and
Taylor-- at 10:30 AM with ceremonies beginning at 11, as noted below in
the email from Marion Ward of VFP.

After that I have included the letter that Dan Shea of VFP sent to Mayor
Wheeler about yesterday's proclamation.

dan h
peace and justice works