[pjw] FOLLOW-UP COMMENTS on Mayor's protest ordinance (Agenda item 1173)

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Tue Nov 13 13:38:04 EST 2018

PJW supporters
We sent the below follow-up email to Council and the media earlier this
morning. Feel free to circulate, and to send your own comments to
Council. Several of you have forwarded your comments back to us which is
very helpful.

For those who missed it, Bobbin Singh of the Oregon Justice Resource
Center refused an award from Council yesterday based on the lack of
respect for civil rights shown by this ordinance.

https://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2018/11/12/24510147/citys-spirt-of-portland-recipient-declines-award-over-mayors-protest-ordinance

As noted in the email below, it is remotely possible there will be
testimony at Council tomorrow (likely around 10:20 AM) if they offer new
amendments.

--dan handelman
peace and justice works/portland copwatch

PS Sorry for any duplication with the Copwatch list