[pjw] RALLY/MARCH reminder: "No Sanctions, No War, We've Heard It All Before!" Fri 7/19 5 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Tue Jul 16 15:16:17 EDT 2019

Just a reminder that we have this Friday rally event coming up this week
to help promote the mobilization on the 28th.

The city is asking us our projected attendance on the 28th so if you know
you plan to be there (Waterfront park, "No US War in Iran or Venezuela")
let us know.

>From the previous email about this event---

  A flyer is posted at

  http://www.pjw.info/PPRCrally071919.pdf

  As noted below, this will serve to  (a) educate the public about the
  effects of US policy, (b) help celebrate 925 (NINE HUNDRED AND TWENTY
  FIVE) consecutive weeks of PPRC's Friday rallies, and (c) promote the
  mobilization on July 28.

  Spread the word!

Thanks
dan h.

Peace and Justice Works
    Iraq Affinity Group
    PO Box 42456
    Portland, OR   97242
    (503) 236-3065  (Office)
    iraq at pjw.info
    http://www.pjw.info/Iraq.html

Calendar item

For immediate release    July 10, 2019

            "No Sanctions, No War
          WE'VE HEARD IT ALL BEFORE!"
        Friday, July 19, 2019 5:00 PM
   PPRC weekly Rally/March for Peace and Justice
         Pioneer Courthouse Square
          SW Yamhill & Broadway

Cosponsoring expanded Portland Peaceful Response Coalition Friday Rally (5 PM
every Friday since November 2001!)

The US has imposed devastating sanctions on the countries of Venezuela and
Iran, and continues to threaten military action against the two countries. It
is no coincidence that both countries rely on oil sales for much of their
economies. Join Portland Peaceful Response Coalition on its 925th consecutive
Friday rally for Peace (first started a few weeks after 9/11) on Friday, July
19, 2019 at 5:00 PM at Pioneer Courthouse Square (SE Broadway and Yamhill)  to
oppose US policies of killing through economic and military means. Peace and
Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group is cosponsoring.

This event will also serve to promote the upcoming Sunday, July 28 mobilization
"No US War in Iran or Venezuela" taking place at 1 PM that day in Waterfront
Park. See http://www.pjw.info for details.

For more info (or to sign on as a cosponsor of this event): Peace and Justice
Works Iraq Affinity Group (503) 236-3065 or iraq at pjw.info .