[pjw] Events: Venezuela Solidarity Actions: Wed 7 AM and Sat 3 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Tue Mar 12 13:47:14 EDT 2019

PJW supporters
Sorry for the short notice on this...

The Pacific Green Party's Women's Caucus will be holding up a banner for
traffic tomorrow at the Springwater Corridor, meeting up at 7 AM at
the Spring Creek Coffee House 10600 Southeast McLoughlin Boulevard,
in Portland. Below is a short description and a link to the Facebook event
for more info. Emma, who told us about this action, is planning to make
this a weekly event at different locations so keep an eye on the facebook
page for updates.

Underneath THAT is a description of an event happening this Saturday,
March 16 which is a national day of action around Venezuela. Dan Shea of
Veterans For Peace is currently on a peace delegation to that country and
will give a report back at the First Congregational Church at 3 PM.

Let other people know-- the US tried to steal Iraq's oil and (mostly)
failed, now they are after Venezuela's!!!
dan h.
peace and justice works

--------------

Wednesday action:

Wednesday, March 13

https://www.facebook.com/events/2251291835197415/?ti=ia

Venezuela Solidarity Action

Please join us this Wednesday for a Venezuela Solidarity Action with our
fabulous new banner!  We will be in Sellwood this week on the Springwater
Corridor pedestrian bridge over McLoughlin from 7am - 8:30 am.  For more
information please click on the Facebook event link.  Please let folks
know.

------------------

Saturday action:

https://www.facebook.com/events/797122040654698/

Venezuela & Portland: Education+Action incl Dan Shea Reportback!
Public  Hosted by Hands Off Venezuela PDX and 3 others
Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 3:00 PM . 5:00 PM PDT
Fellowship Hall in First Congregational UCC (1126 SW Park Ave)

In conjunction with the Saturday, March 16 *National March on Washington*
where thousands of people will march in D.C. against the Trump
administration's effort to engineer a coup in Venezuela and a new
devastating war there, Hands Off Venezuela! Portland will be hosting our
own local event.

It is an honor to have Vets for Peace activist Dan Shea the day after he
returns from his trip to Venezuela as part of a delegation with the US
Peace Council. He'll share what he saw. We'll measure his experience
against our current U.S. atmosphere which pushes regime change, as we see
in our media and our elected officials.

An hour indoors with Dan will be followed by an hour outdoors, directly
heading out to march and onto the Hawthorne bridge. Be part of our protest
against Trump-directed international meddling.

MORE on Dan Shea's trip:  He was invited to be one of 15, from around the
world, in a delegation to Venezuela with the U.S. Peace Council, a
multi-racial, pro-working class, anti-imperialist organization committed
to peace, economic and social justice and to international solidarity with
the peoples of the world. The U.S. Peace Council was founded in 1979 in
several major cities. It is affiliated with the World Peace Council, the
world.s largest peace organization and an NGO member of the United
Nations.  The delegation begins its work and witness on March 10 in
Caracas.