[pjw] MEETING: Iraq Affinity Group meets Monday, February 10, 7 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Wed Feb 5 21:04:18 EST 2020

Hello Iraq Affinity Group supporters
    (sorry for sending this out after 5 PM... busy days these days)

The next meeting of the Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group will be
this coming Monday, February 10 at 7 PM at our office at 2807 SE
Stark. (Meetings are usually on the 2nd Monday of each month.)

As usual, if you're unable to attend in person we can try to plug you in by
phone, just let us know if you want to do that. Your participation is
welcome!!!!

Here's the proposed agenda for Monday's meeting:

MISSION STATEMENT:
   The Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group is committed to educating
   the public about the effects of U.S. policy on the people of Iraq, and
   other areas including SW Asia, North Africa, and the "Middle East,"
   and on the domestic costs of war.

7:00 PM Political update: brief headlines including what's new in Iraq,
     Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Iran, Gaza, Yemen, Korea,
     Venezuela and the US

7:25 PM Proposed and ongoing actions:
     ---Actions to oppose war / war crimes on Iran-- discuss
     ---Iraq war 17 years later (March 20, 5 PM)-- plans
     ---City Council resolutions against wars / Iran & Venezuela --updates
     ---Zaher Wahab talk on Afghanistan-- discuss/ updates
     ---Connecting with Climate Strike April 22-- discuss
     ---Ann Huntwork fund / "US Out Of..." sign-- progress?
     ---Letter to congressional reps about Yemen / War Powers-- follow up
     ---Troops home campaign / letter to Governor Nov 2019
         & Blumenauer, plus war $ home/ Mayor's Conference--updates
     ---BDS, City investments and other local actions-- updates
     ---Joint Terrorism Task Force campaign-- updates
     ---Upcoming ideas /opportunities for educational forums/demonstrations
     --Other recent ideas

8:15 PM Other upcoming events/action items (incoming requests)

8:25 PM Other business--finances/fundraising and office space / phone
      PJW annual meeting February 22 12 noon / board updates / newsletter
      Outreach/membership recruitment

8:35 PM Set next meeting
        Announcements

8:40 PM end

Please write back if there is anything missing from the proposed agenda or
if you want to attend but won't be able to make it.

As always, we need your support to help us keep doing our work!
       Donate on line: http://www.pjw.info/pjwdonate.html

--dan handelman
     Peace and Justice Works
       Iraq Affinity Group