[pjw] EVENT: "Guided Missiles, Misguided Policies, and Changing Direction" an evening with David Swanson Thurs 6/24/21 7 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Tue Jun 1 18:45:33 EDT 2021

PJW supporters and allies
Below is an announcement for a livestream event we're holding in just over
three weeks with well-known activist and author David Swanson.

If your organization would like to cosponsor, we ask that you send $10-20
sliding scale to help cover costs of the event. If your group wants to
endorse, there is no cost.

You can also find this information, along with links to both color and
black and white promotional flyers, at
http://www.pjw.info/d_swanson062421.html

Please share widely-- though our goal is to have the audience be
predominantly from the Portland/Oregon/SW Washington area.

Thank you!
dan handelman

          Guided Missiles, Misguided Policies, and Changing Direction
                         an evening with David Swanson
                      Thursday, June 24, 2021 7:00 PM PDT
                live stream at youtube.com/peaceandjusticeworks

    David Swanson, Executive Director of World Beyond War, is an author,
    activist, journalist, radio host and campaign coordinator for
    RootsAction.org. On June 24 he will speak on a Portland, Oregon- based
    livestream event about efforts to ban killer drones, environmental
    impacts of war, and other peace-centered topics. Swanson's books
    include "War Is A Lie." He was awarded the 2018 Peace Prize by the U.S.
    Peace Memorial Foundation and has been nominated for the Nobel Peace
    Prize. An internationionally known figure in the movement, this event
    hosted locally gives people in the Pacific Northwest a unique
    opportunity to hear his insights and ask questions.

    See the livestream at 7 PM Pacific Daylight Time at
    https://youtube.com/peaceandjusticeworks.

    Instructions for participating in the Q&A period following Swanson's
    presentation will be posted at the time of the event., which will be
    livestreamed on YouTube. The presentation is coordinated by Peace and
    Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group.

    For more information, or if your group would like to cosponsor or
    endorse this event, contact Peace and Justice Works at 503-236-3065 or
    iraq at pjw.info.