[pjw] INFO: State outdoor mandate changed, but not Federal transportationone

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Tue Nov 23 19:43:15 EST 2021

PJW supporters

Hi

I just read that the State of Oregon has lifted its outdoor mask mandate
(again).

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2021/11/oregon-lifts-outdoor-mask-mandate.html

The article doesn't mention, though, that the federal mandate on masking
up on public transportation is still in place at least until January 18.

https://www.transit.dot.gov/TransitMaskUp

The latter is the benchmark we are using at PJW to determine when to stop
asking people to wear masks at our protest actions.

The indoor mandate in Oregon remains, but if it is lifted, we also will
keep requiring masks in the office until the federal transit mandate is
lifted.

Here's hoping everyone has a safe and health holiday.

dan handelman
peace and justice works