[pjw] REPORT BACK: False Flag Experts: Friday rally #95 since stay-at-home orders

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Sat Jan 15 17:02:16 EST 2022

Iraq Affinity Group supporters

At the Weekly Friday Rally for Peace and Justice last night, six of us
held signs, wore masks, stayed distanced, and educated the public. We
received what I felt was a larger set of appreciative responses than
usual, which was refreshing. We had at least one heckler. And, two weeks
in a row now, no rain!

Here is some of the news we talked about at the rally:

--The White House says Russia is planning a fake event as excuse to invade
Ukraine. I wondered how the US was such an expert on so called "false
flag" operations (***cough*** Gulf of Tonkin ***cough***):

  https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/14/politics/us-intelligence-russia-false-flag/index.html

--The UN Secretary General is calling for the roughly $10 billion in
frozen Afghan assets to be released so they can ease their hunger crisis;
$9 billion is in US banks.

  https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2022-01-13/u-n-chief-appeals-for-release-of-money-to-save-afghan-lives

--This past week the Justice Department announced they created a Domestic
Terrorism unit. (Notably, there is no criminal statute about domestic
terrorism.) Sure, right now it's focused on the violent right wing groups
and individuals involved in the Capitol insurrection but how long until
they turn on immigrants, Muslims, people of color and activists (like us)?

  https://www.axios.com/justice-department-domestic-terrorism-unit-1a025d5e-09d1-46ca-ac77-cc60ca687d1b.html

--A rocket attack on the US embassy in Iraq wounded two people, after
those three failed drone attacks last week. But hey, why does the US still
have the world's largest embassy in Iraq if most of our troops are gone
and Iraq is a sovereign nation?

  https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/1/13/two-wounded-in-rocket-attack-on-baghdads-green-zone

--The US and Iran are locked in negotiations because the US says Iran has
to stop enriching nuclear material and Iran says the US has to lift
sanctions. The western powers are now floating early February as a deadline.

  https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/iran-us-lock-horns-over-sanctions-relief-nuclear-curbs-vienna-talks-2022-01-12/

--Last week's rally focused on Guantanamo prison, which turned 20 years
old on Tuesday. Al Jazeera cited many people criticizing the US "detention
camp" including the ACLU calling it a symbol of injustice:

  https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/1/11/guantanamo-20-years-on-a-legacy-of-injustice-and-abuse

----On the bright side, Biden approved five more prisoners to be released,
meaning that now 18 of 39 (almost half) can finally leave... but Biden
hasn't taken action to get anyone out yet.

  https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/11/us/politics/guantanamo-releases-approved.html

In local news, this Wednesday Council will be voting to dole out another
$22,500 for police violence against a protestor.

  https://www.portland.gov/council/documents/ordinance/settlement-lydia-fuller-bodily-injury-lawsuit-22500

The City's lawyer originally claimed they wouldn't pay because the victim
couldn't clearly identify it was the Portland Police who used less lethal
weapons against her.

  https://www.wweek.com/news/2021/10/27/portland-city-attorneys-asked-to-toss-a-police-use-of-force-lawsuit-because-an-injured-protester-couldnt-tell-officers-apart/

Along the march route, I noted that the US has finally called for an
investigation into a Palestinian who was swept up in an Israeli raid and
subjected to abusive custody. Why are they speaking up? The 80 year old
man in question is also an American citizen. Still, counts for something.

  https://www.palestinechronicle.com/us-calls-for-investigation-into-death-of-palestinian-american-in-west-bank/

As we were getting back to Pioneer Square I noted the Pentagon is
complaining because their huge $778 billion budget was approved but
Congress didn't vote on appropriations bills to allow them to spend it
yet. I think the words I used were "Boo hoo, get in line behind the people
being thrown out of their homes, unable to get jobs, and in need of other
basic support before you get your money to kill people."

  https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/2022-01-12/Pentagon-caught-in-funding-fight-4274324.html

This week I added a "ferrite bead" (look it up, it's small ring of iron
mean to stop interference with electronics) to the Ann Huntwork Peace
Memorial Sign. Unfortunately, not only was the experiment a failure but
the cover I still had over the remote control receiver didn't work wither,
and it turned off by the Gucci store. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

If you're up for it, do join us some Friday at 5 PM, until further notice
our rallies are continuing weekly.

thanks