[pjw] News Correction: Iraqi parliament

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Thu Jul 7 17:45:13 EDT 2022

IAG supporters

On June 25 in the report back on the Friday rally I stated that

  --The new parliament of Iraq was seated, with the seats vacated by Al
  Sadr and his party filled by supporters of Nouri Al Malaki, a former
  Prime Minister who has a mixed history of whether or not to support the
  US presence there.

  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iraq-parliament-oks-new-al-maliki-government/

Somehow when I ran a search for Iraq News and limited it to the previous
week, I pulled up an article from 2010 (!).

This is the actual and correct news about the new parliament being sworn
in after the Sadr block resigned; the Prime Minister and President had not
yet been chosen.

  https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/6/23/iraq-parliament-swears-in-new-members-after-dozens-walk-out

Sometimes there is just so much  going on that I miss the nuances.

So the Al Maliki news is old and not correct but the new Parliament being
seated, that's right.

Sorry for any confusion.

dan handelman