[pjw] MEETING/RSVP: Iraq Affinity Group "meets" Tuesday, November 8, 7 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Thu Nov 3 13:06:52 EDT 2022

Iraq Affinity Group supporters

The next meeting of the Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group will be a
conference call held this coming Tuesday, November 8 at 7 PM. Please RSVP
if you would like the call in number and access code. Yes, that's Election
Night, but the results will still be waiting for you when the meeting is
over... and in Oregon they may take a while since postmarks are now OK up
until the day of.

We are able to host two people (in addition to me) in the office, masks
on, windows open. If you want a "live space" let me know, first asked, first
served.

Here's the proposed agenda for the meeting:

MISSION STATEMENT:
   The Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group is committed to educating
   the public about the effects of U.S. policy on the people of Iraq, and
   other areas including SW Asia, North Africa, and the "Middle East,"
   and on the domestic costs of war.

7:00 PM Political update: brief headlines including what's new in Iraq,
    Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Iran, Gaza/West Bank, Yemen,
    Korea, Venezuela, Ukraine/Russia and the US

7:35 PM Proposed and ongoing actions:
    ---Friday rallies for peace and justice-- reports/plans
          and Ann Huntwork fund / "US Out Of..." sign
    ---Plans for January event marking 21 years of Guantanamo-- discussion
    ---Situation in Ukraine / Russia - discussion
    ---Governor candidate questionnaire - JTTF letter update AND
    ---Troops home campaign / letter to Governor candidates 2022
        & Blumenauer, plus war $ home/ Mayor's Conference--updates
    ---Ann Wright, D Swanson, S Mirk & Z Wahab livestream events-- updates
    ---First Unitarian Medea Benjamin event 11/6-- updates
    ---Code Pink F-35 airplane program letter-- updates
    ---Joint Terrorism Task Force campaign-- updates
    ---Demilitarize the police campaign-- updates
    ---Emergency response amidst pandemic...? -- update
    ---Actions to oppose war / war crimes on Iran-- discuss
    ---City Council resolutions against wars / Iran & Venezuela --updates
    ---Letter to congressional reps about Yemen / War Powers-- follow up
    ---BDS, City investments and other local actions-- updates
    ---Upcoming ideas /opportunities for educational forums/demonstrations
    --Other recent ideas

8:15 PM Other events/action items (incoming requests) & networking

8:25 PM Other business--finances/fundraising and office space / phone
      Peace and Justice Works updates including quarterly meeting
      "Peace Network" fiscal cosponsors & structure - next steps
      Outreach/membership recruitment

8:35 PM Set next meeting
       Announcements

8:40 PM end

Please write back if there is anything missing from the proposed agenda or if
you want to attend but won't be able to make it.

As always, we need your support to help us keep doing our work!
       Donate on line: http://www.pjw.info/pjwdonate.html

--dan handelman
     Peace and Justice Works
       Iraq Affinity Group