[pjw] ANALYSIS: Shooting down China balloon shows violent lack of diplomacy

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Wed Feb 8 13:52:01 EST 2023

Hi
I was waiting to get an action alert to oppose the us using fighter jets
(???) to shoot down the Chinese balloon that floated over the US last
week. The National Priorites Project, which usually focuses on military
spending (money for human needs not war!) put out this good piece on
Monday.

Has anyone seen an article comparing the US shooting down this balloon to
Russia shooting down America's U2 spy plane in 1960? Of course, that was a
manned flight. But still, should have been instructive of what NOT to do.
Unless the goal is to provoke a war. Oh, and also, all the talk about
China's provocative moves with the balloon leave out the US sailing its
warships through the Taiwan strait, building up military to ring China,
etc.

Anyway, enjoy.
dan handelman
peace and justice works