[pjw] EVENT REMINDER/UPDATE: "End Nuclear Madness: Remembering Hiroshima/Nagasaki 2024" Tues 8/6 6 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Tue Jul 30 18:01:28 EDT 2024

Iraq Affinity Group supporters

Eleven days ago I sent out an announcement about this year's
Hiroshima/Nagasaki memorial.

Today I was able to update the flyer, which now includes some information
about the organizing cosponsors (the people who've been at the planning
meetings) and the explanation for the sunflower/mushroom cloud graphic.
Again, it prints better than it looks on screen:

https://pjw.info/Hiroshima2024flyer.pdf

If you do social media, here is the Portland JACL page where you can find
the social-media-friendly version.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9n8WcwPPfa/

Spread the word!

dan handelman

https://www.oregonpsr.org/hiroshima_nagasaki_remembrance

Hiroshima & Nagasaki Remembrance 2024

   Join OPSR and friends in remembering the victims of Hiroshima and
   Nagasaki.

   If you were wondering why we use sunflower imagery: Sunflowers can take
   up high concentrations of radioactive isotopes and sequester them in
   stems and leaves, so they have been employed to clean up contaminated
   sites following nuclear disasters.

   Thank you to all the organizations who helped put this event together,
   including the Japanese American Museum of Oregon, Japanese American
   Citizens League, Portland Japanese Garden/Oregon Hiroshima Club,
   Veterans for Peace, Peace and Justice Works, Multnomah Friends Meeting,
   and more!

   Confirmed Speakers and Performers:

    Host: Jeff Selby

    Invocation: Melissa Harkness

    Performer: Portland Taiko

    Performer: Tsubaki Kai Dancers

    Speaker: Michiko Kornhauser

    ...and more!

     WHEN
     August 06, 2024 at 6:00pm

     WHERE
     Japanese American Historical Plaza, Portland Waterfront,
     NW Naito  Parkway and Couch Street

    CONTACT: info at oregonpsr.org

      Oregon PSR (Physicians for Social Responsibility)