[pjw] ACTION: Tell Congress not to undermine Iran nuclear deal

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Wed Jul 22 15:03:37 EDT 2015

PJW supporters
As noted last week, the Iran nuclear deal is in many ways a meaningless
victory for US negotiations, as Iran never was seriously pursuing a
nuclear weapon. (We've been hearing since Iraq War II in 2003 that Iran
was one year away from getting the bomb... for 12+ years...) It's tinged
with imperialism for the countries negotiating, most of whom are nuclear
powers themselves, and removes sanctions which frankly never should have
been there in the first place.

That said, the US Congress will be voting on whether to support or scuttle
the deal, and those whose goal is to provoke military action are going to
try hard to do so.

Sen Wyden, upset that the UN Security Council unanimously supports the
deal, is voicing his concerns:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/sen-ron-wyden-on-iran-deal-obama-flouting-congress-by-going#.tvdq2Zg5O

MoveOn sent out an action alert last week which I'm pasting in below.
Again, I'd say anything that ends with non-violent resolution is better
than war but I wouldn't necessarily bring such enthusiasm to be for the
deal itself; more emphasis should be on let's not have more war.

-dan h
peace and justice works