[pjw] EVENT: 70th Hiroshima Day commemoration, Thursday August 6, 6 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Tue Jul 28 17:11:10 EDT 2015

Greetings PJW supporters

Last week five of us went out in the blazing heat and posted about 250
flyers for the "Zones Project," showing what would happen if a nuclear
blast hit downtown Portland. The posters include an inset promoting this
year's Hiroshima/Nagasaki commemoration, 70 years after the only wartime
atomic blasts, being coordinated by Oregon Physicians for Social
Responsibilty, and cosponsored by PJW among others. The full announcement
for that event, taking place next Thursday, August 6 at 6 PM at the
Japanese American Historical Plaza, is below.

That information and links to the Zones Project page and other related
events can be found at:
http://www.psr.org/chapters/oregon/events/70-years-after-hiroshima.html

PSR is talking about coorindinating another day of postering, but if you
want to just pick up some posters to put up in your neighborhood--
especially if you live north of Lombard, between E 83rd & 145th, between
West 75th and 137th, or in Tigard, Vancouver or Lake Oswego (Zones 5 & 6)
please arrange to come by the PJW office (in inner SE) and grab some
posters! We have a limited number here but can make more; right now
they're not in an accessible space but I can put them out for those who
are willing to make some rounds.

Thanks
dan handelman
--Peace and Justice Works