[pjw] INFO: Peace for Beirut, Paris and the World (NPP, AFSC, Stop the War)

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Wed Nov 18 18:14:02 EST 2015

Hi
I've been pondering ways to frame the attacks that happened in Lebanon and
France in a sensitive enough way while also making sure to encourage you
all to contact the powers that be to say "NO MORE WAR." A number of things
have come our way, three of them today, which I'm sharing below; the first
is from the National Priorities Project, which mostly focuses on military
budget issues; the second from the national American Friends Service
Committee, and the third from the Stop the War Coalition in London.

On Monday night there was a good story on KGW news about a vigil held at
the Bethel Congregational UCC in Beaverton; the 11 PM story included
quotes about how responding with more warfare would not benefit anybody.
Unfortunately the only story posted on their site seems to be from their
earlier broadcast:
http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2015/11/16/monday-vigils-show-of-support-for-france/75858530/

Anyway, feel free to share these bits of info with others and try to
reverse the drums of war, as well as stemming the tide of anti-immigrant
(and anti-Muslim, anti-Syrian) rhetoric.
Peace
dan h