[pjw] INFO: Upcoming protests that we know about

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Sun Jan 15 15:01:24 EST 2017

Hi friends

Quick disclaimer here at the top: With the exception of the Jan. 28 "March
for Justice and Equality" PJW is not involved in any of the below-listed
events. Some of the events are permitted, some are not. In each case we're
listing one or more key organizations involved and a website for more
info.

Friday, Jan. 20 (Inauguration day)

RISE UP and Resist Fascism
3:30 PM
Pioneer Courthouse Square

Direct Action Alliance, 350 PDX, Portland's Resistance, Portland Rising
Tide, Portland Tenants United and others

https://www.facebook.com/events/676732405838621/

Weekly Friday Rally for Peace and Justice
5:00 PM
Pioneer Courthouse Square (SW Yamhill & Broadway)
Portland Peaceful Response Coalition
http://pprc-news.info/node/3

Saturday, Jan. 21

Martin Luther King Jr Day Celebration
11:00 AM
VOZ office, 1131 SE Oak
(or meet up at 11:45 AM at Right 2 Dream Too, NW 4th/Burnside)
Marching to Women's march 12:10 PM
Celebration at Sisters Of The Road 2:00 PM (133 NW 6th/Davis)
Sisters Of The Road
http://sistersoftheroad.org/whats-happening/mlk-day-2017/
(Note their flyer puts the women's march at the Burnside Bridge but it is
now at the Morrison Bridge, so times may vary).

Labor-Community Rally & March for a United Front Against the Trump Agenda
10:00 AM
Shemanski Park (SW Park and Salmon)
Jobs with Justice
https://www.facebook.com/events/1267652399964996/
March to women's march at 11:30 AM

Women's March on Portland
12:00 Noon
Waterfront Park under the Morrison Bridge
(so says  their frequently asked questions list:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cXTk12L8tXNMugWGvyGrErHOcOkk3BISivIkYSQlxrI/edit
)
Local coordinators are
Margaret Jacobson, Kat Lattimer, Kate Laubernds, and Nora Colie
(note, the leadership changed last week and my understanding is the
rally/march is more inclusive than its original incarnation indicated)
https://www.facebook.com/events/208282922945133/#

Sunday, January 22
Queer Speak Out
12:00 PM
Salmon St Springs (SW Naito & Salmon)
Freak Out Pdx
https://www.facebook.com/events/588195801374427/

Saturday, January 28
March for Justice and Equality:
"Advancing Justice and Equality for All Through the Strength to Love"
10:00 AM
Martin Luther King Jr Statue at Convention Center (NE MLK and Holladay)
Albina Ministerial Alliance Coalition for Justice and Police Reform
(endorsed by Portland Copwatch and others)
March up Grand/MLK to Maranatha Church, 4222 NE 12th/Skidmore
  for 11:45 AM rally (with hot food)
http://albinaministerialcoalition.org/actions.html#justicemarch012817

It is suggested to take public transportation to all these events!

Questions--or more information-- let us know.
--dan h.
peace and justice works