[pjw] INFO: Upcoming protests that we know about

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Wed Jan 18 18:06:53 EST 2017

Hi:
Quick update here-- the Sisters Of The Road march on Saturday actually
meets at the Day Laborer Center at NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd and
Everett St, not the Voz office; they have corrected their poster to
reflect that information. They also updated the flyer to show the Women's
march starts under the Morrison Bridge. I've included the revised list of
events below with these edits.

Also, FYI, Portland Copwatch will have members observing police actions at
the Friday 3:30 PM rally and march. If you see us and are willing to hand
out literature promoting PJW's upcoming events (Feb 24 rally, Mar 17
rally, annual meeting, and/or the Jan 28 Justice March) let me know, I
will have flyers in my copwatching bag.
dan h
peace and justice works

On Sun, 15 Jan 2017, Peace and Justice Works wrote:

> Hi friends
>
> Quick disclaimer here at the top: With the exception of the Jan. 28 "March
> for Justice and Equality" PJW is not involved in any of the below-listed
> events. Some of the events are permitted, some are not. In each case we're
> listing one or more key organizations involved and a website for more info.

Friday, Jan. 20 (Inauguration day)

RISE UP and Resist Fascism
3:30 PM
Pioneer Courthouse Square

Direct Action Alliance, 350 PDX, Portland's Resistance, Portland Rising Tide,
Portland Tenants United and others

https://www.facebook.com/events/676732405838621/

Weekly Friday Rally for Peace and Justice
5:00 PM
Pioneer Courthouse Square (SW Yamhill & Broadway)
Portland Peaceful Response Coalition
http://pprc-news.info/node/3

Saturday, Jan. 21

Martin Luther King Jr Day Celebration
11:00 AM
VOZ Day Laborer Center, 240 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd (at Everett)
  (or meet up at 11:45 AM at Right 2 Dream Too, NW 4th/Burnside)
Marching to Women's march 12:10 PM
Celebration at Sisters Of The Road 2:00 PM (133 NW 6th/Davis)
Sisters Of The Road
http://sistersoftheroad.org/whats-happening/mlk-day-2017/

Labor-Community Rally & March for a United Front Against the Trump Agenda
10:00 AM
Shemanski Park (SW Park and Salmon)
Jobs with Justice
https://www.facebook.com/events/1267652399964996/
March to women's march at 11:30 AM

Women's March on Portland
12:00 Noon
Waterfront Park under the Morrison Bridge
  (so says  their frequently asked questions list:
  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cXTk12L8tXNMugWGvyGrErHOcOkk3BISivIkYSQlxrI/edit
  )
Local coordinators are Margaret Jacobson, Kat Lattimer, Kate Laubernds, and
Nora Colie
  (note, the leadership changed last week and my understanding is the
  rally/march is more inclusive than its original incarnation indicated)
https://www.facebook.com/events/208282922945133/#

Sunday, January 22
Queer Speak Out
12:00 PM
Salmon St Springs (SW Naito & Salmon)
Freak Out Pdx
https://www.facebook.com/events/588195801374427/

Saturday, January 28
March for Justice and Equality:
"Advancing Justice and Equality for All Through the Strength to Love"
10:00 AM
Martin Luther King Jr Statue at Convention Center (NE MLK and Holladay)
Albina Ministerial Alliance Coalition for Justice and Police Reform
(endorsed by Portland Copwatch and others)
March up Grand/MLK to Maranatha Church, 4222 NE 12th/Skidmore
for 11:45 AM rally (with hot food)
http://albinaministerialcoalition.org/actions.html#justicemarch012817