[pjw] Reflection: 27 Years Ago

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Tue Jan 16 19:41:36 EST 2018

27 years ago, after George HW Bush used January 15 (Martin Luther King
Jr.'s Birthday) as the deadline for Iraq to get out of Kuwait, the US
launched its first massive assault on the Iraqis one day later.

I just updated this sign, which though only in use since 2011 is showing
its age, but deservedly so:

http://www.pjw.info/images/iraq27yl_web.jpg

So while we do have a current president who's flying in the face of
nonviolence and racial equality, it's not unprecedented.

Later this week I'll be posting the official listing for our event on
Friday March 16 at 5 PM (with PPRC) to mark 15 years since the invasion of
Iraq (aka Gulf War part II).

dan h