[pjw] VIDEO: America's current & future foreign/domestic wars this week and next on the Video Bus

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Mon Jan 22 12:31:18 EST 2018

PJW supporters
For those of you who missed our forum back in October, here's a chance to
see and hear what happened. As noted in the below email (from me wearing
my Flying Focus hat) the Iraq Affinity Group donated for streaming rights
to ensure this show will be up on the web after it is done playing on
cable access.

Let us know what you think!

(And, if you want to see more forums consider donating to PJW and/or the
Jan Bone Memorial Fund for Public Forums!)

--dan h
--Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group
    PO Box 42456
    Portland, OR   97242
    (503) 236-3065
    pjw at pjw.info
    http://www.pjw.info/Iraq.html
    Donate on line: http://www.pjw.info/pjwdonate.html

----------------------------

America's current & future foreign/domestic wars this week and next on the
Video Bus

On October 21, Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group (IAG) hosted a
forum at the Sunnyside Community House in Portland connecting America's
ongoing wars (in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, Pakistan, Yemen and
Somalia), the new threats of war (with Korea, Iran and Russia) and the
rise of right wing extremism an violence in the streets at home.

The panel featured Dan Handelman of the IAG (who also produced this show
for Flying Focus) covering the seven current wars in 10 minutes, Martin
Hart-Landsberg of the Korea Policy Institute, Goudarz Eghtedari of the
American Iranian Friendship Council, local activist John Hryciuk (looking
at Russia), and Theresa Mitchell of KBOO's Presswatch talking about the
street wars, including police violence. Host Ani Haines (also from KBOO)
introduces and closes out the two-part episode.

Video for this show was captured by PC Peri; it was produced by Dan
Handelman.

"Current Wars, New Wars, Street Wars-10/17" plays back at the following
times:

Part One:

Tuesday, January 23 (late night tonight Monday, January 22) at 12:30 AM
   on Comcast Channel 22 / CenturyLink Channel 8002.

Wednesday, January 24 at 11 PM on Channel 23 Comcast / CenturyLink
    Ch. 8003
  and
Friday, January 26 at 9:30 PM on Channel 11, Cable Access Network,
   Portland.

Part two shows:

Tuesday, January 30 (late night Monday, January 23) at 12:30 AM
   on Comcast Channel 22 / CenturyLink Channel 8002.

Wednesday, January 31 at 11 PM on Channel 23 Comcast / CenturyLink
    Ch. 8003
  and
Friday, February 2 at 9:30 PM on Channel 11, Cable Access Network,
   Portland.

Thanks to a donation from Peace and Justice Works, the show will be
streaming in early February after its run on OSPCM channels has ended. DVD
copies of the show will also be available in early February for a
suggested donation of $11 plus $4 postage.

Streaming rights for any of our shows can be obtained for $75 per program
(individuals / nonprofits) or $125 (larger institutions). Once you obtain
streaming rights, the show can be posted on line for all the world to
see-- for free, on your own site or ours. See our current streaming shows
at <http://www.youtube.com/FlyingFocusShows>.

Donations of any size are always welcome to help support our all-volunteer
work. While videos can't be ordered on line (due to restrictions by
Network for Good), general support can be sent via
<http://www.flyingfocus.org/donateonline.html>.

Please call or write back if you have any questions.
Thank you
Dan Handelman
Flying Focus

PS: Open Signal/PCM continues to cablecast all programs with
"letterboxing" so that our shows, created in old-school 4:3 format, appear
in the middle of your screen. Also, our Wednesday show is carried on
Comcast's High Definition channel 323 on Wednesday nights and
CenturyLink's channel 1011 on Fridays, but our shows are not yet produced
in HD.

FLYING FOCUS VIDEO COLLECTIVE            e-mail: ffvc at flyingfocus.org
3439 NE Sandy Bv PMB #248             web: http://www.flyingfocus.org
Portland, OR  97232                                    (503) 321-5051
*using video as a tool for social change*              (503) 239-7456
** Donate on line:    http://www.flyingfocus.org/donateonline.html **