[pjw] MEETING: Iraq Affinity Group meets Monday, June 11, 7 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Thu Jun 7 13:06:39 EDT 2018

Hello again Iraq Affinity Group supporters

The next meeting of the Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group
will be held this coming Monday, June 11 at 7 PM at our office at 2807 SE
Stark. (Meetings are generally on the 2nd Monday of each month.)

As usual, if you're unable to attend in person we can try to plug you in by
phone, just let us know if you want to do that.

Earlier this week we learned that our dear friend Bruce Huntwork died at
the end of May, we will spend some time at the meeting remembering Bruce.

Here's the proposed agenda for Monday's meeting:

MISSION STATEMENT:
    The Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group is committed to educating
    the public about the effects of U.S. policy on the people of Iraq, and
    other areas including SW Asia, North Africa, and the "Middle East,"
    and on the domestic costs of war.

7:00 PM Political update: brief headlines including what's new in
     Iraq/Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Iran, Gaza, Korea, and the US

7:25 PM Proposed and ongoing actions:
      ---Forum on Iran Nuclear Agreement Fri June 29 (AIFC)-- planning
         ...Remembering Bruce and Ann Huntwork
      ---Hiroshima Day event August 6 with Oregon PSR-- updates
      ---Fall action by PJW Iraq Affinity Group/allies--discussion
      ---Letter to congressional reps about Yemen / War Powers-- follow up
        Note: letter and replies now posted at
        http://www.pjw.info/yemenletter2018.html
      ---Troops home campaign / letter to Governor 2017 & Blumenauer
         and war $ home/ Mayor's Conference--updates
      ---Guantanamo resolution and actions-- updates
      ---Meetings with peace and justice community members
         --in light of likelihood of more wars
           (including follow up to IVAW Jan 5 2017 forum)--updates/action
      ---BDS resolution regarding City investments-- update
      ---Upcoming ideas /opportunities for educational forums/demonstrations
      --Other recent ideas

8:20 PM Other upcoming events/action items (incoming requests)

8:30 PM Other business--finances/fundraising and office space / phone
       PJW Summer Quarterly Meeting-- July 22
       Outreach/membership recruitment

8:40 PM Set next meeting
       Announcements

8:45 PM end

Please write back if there is anything missing from the proposed agenda or if
you want to attend but won't be able to make it.

As always, we need your support to help us keep doing our work!
        Donate on line: http://www.pjw.info/pjwdonate.html

Reminder: the Ann Huntwork Fund for Creative Action supported our protest
of the USS Portland; if you want to see more actions like that be sure do
donate specifically to that fund!

--dan handelman
Peace and Justice Works
        Iraq Affinity Group