[pjw] Action reminder: "The Military's New Recruits Are 9/11 Children" Wed 9/11/19 4 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Fri Aug 23 19:36:35 EDT 2019

Iraq Affinity Group supporters:

With only two and a half weeks left before our event marking 18 years
since 9/11, I'm surprised the last "solo" email about this was sent out in
June (!). The current calendar listing (below) includes our supporting
orgnaizations Recruiter Watch PDX and War Resisters League-Portland, who
appreciate the recruitment theme of the event.

Feel free to share with your networks, including the flyer (which has also
been updated):

  http://www.pjw.info/911_18yl_flyer.pdf

Thanks
dan handelman

Peace and Justice Works
    Iraq Affinity Group
      PO Box 42456
      Portland, OR 97242
      (503) 236-3065 (Office)
      iraq @ pjw.info
      http://www.pjw.info/Iraq.html

    For immediate release         June 18, 2019

                "The Military's New Recruits Are 9/11 Children"

                               Visibility action
                        *Wednesday, September 11, 2019*
                                4:00 to 5:30 PM
             SW First and Main (west end of the Hawthorne Bridge)

    Children who came into this world after 9/11 are now old enough to
    enlist to fight in the same wars that started at the time they were
    born. The wars in Afghanistan (October 2001), Iraq (March 2003), Yemen,
    Somalia, Pakistan, Libya (2011) and Syria (2014) continue to this day
    with troops being deployed to "deter Iran" and add to the never-ending
    carnage. Peace and Justice Works' Iraq Affinity Group is holding a
    visibility action on Wednesday, September 11 from 4:00-5:30 PM at SW
    First and Main (the west end of the Hawthorne Bridge) to call attention
    to this mind-bending fact and to educate the public about the harms the
    wars do to people, the planet, and to the budgets for domestic spending
    for human needs.

    It is time to Stop All the Wars, End the 2001 Authorization for Use of
    Military Force, and Bring All the Troops Home Now!!! .

    This event is endorsed by Recruiter Watch PDX, War Resisters
    League-Portland and others.

    For more information or to get involved contact the Peace and Justice
    Works Iraq Affinity Group at 503-236-3065 (voice or text), email
    iraq at pjw.info , or visit the website at http://www.pjw.info. A flyer is
    available at http://www.pjw.info/911_18yl_flyer.pdf