[pjw] FYI: Info from the Peace and Justice Works/Portland Copwatch office

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Mon Aug 26 18:23:11 EDT 2019

Hello PJW and Portland Copwatch supporters

I'm prefacing this email by saying that EVERYTHING IS FINE, EVERYONE'S OK
AND EVERYTHING IS WHERE IT BELONGS. Also, we're communicating this to
you, our supporters, but not broadly putting this information out at this
time especially due to the conclusions we've drawn.

Last night someone, probably a random (and maybe drunk) person smashed out
the front window of the Peace and Justice Works/Portland Copwatch office.
Because nothing was disturbed/stolen and there was no note (or object that
was thrown through-- probably got hit with something) we're assuming it
was random vandalism.

Just to be really clear, this was not the window we use to post flyers about
upcoming events, and our door full of such flyers was untouched,
which are other reasons we think it was probably random.

We're quietly touching base with some of our allies who have office spaces
to let them know, so far, again, it seems this was random and not part of
any broad targeted attack of any kind.

We've patched up the opening with plywood but will be needing to fill the
hold left by the window-- which was plate glass and roughly 7 feet wide
by 5 feet tall-- in the coming weeks. We'll probably install a partial
wall and a window that can actually open (those of you who've been here
know it can get quite stuffy in the summer!!!).

To do so we are looking to raise about $800 for the window and building
materials. If you donate please indicate it is for "office repair"; send
checks to
   Peace and Justice Works
    PO Box 42456
    Portland, OR   97242

or donate on line: http://www.pjw.info/pjwdonate.html
(and indicate the donation is for office repair).

If there's any hint this is anything more than random we'll update you but
for now it's just another annoyance when trying to stop war, police
violence and other state-sanctioned murder.

Stay safe
dan handelman
peace and justice works / portland copwatch