[pjw] Last week to donate 50 cent First Class stamps for peace!

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Sun Jan 20 15:21:39 EST 2019

PJW supporters

Tomorrow is Martin Luther King Jr.'s holiday, so the US Post Office will
be closed. That means one can only get "forever" stamps for the current
price of 50 cents per stamp until next Saturday, the 26th. After that the
price is going up a full 10% (highly unusual, but likely tied to
government efforts to make the USPS have to pre-pay retirement funds 75
years into the future: https://www.cnbc.com/id/45018432 ) to 55 cents
each. If you are able to donate some, as several supporters have done in
the past, please consider buying a book or a roll for PJW.

We're working on sending out our donor receipts before the end of the
month, which means using a few dozen first class postage stamps, and we
probably use at least 100 in a year. Prices are likely to keep climbing in
future years, which is why the "forever" stamps are good to keep in stock.

Thanks for supporting peace and justice, police accountability and our
efforts to turn back state sanctioned killing.

dan handelman
--Peace and Justice Works
    PO Box 42456
    Portland, OR   97242