[pjw] MEETING: Iraq Affinity Group meets Monday, July 8, 7 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Wed Jul 3 11:40:14 EDT 2019

Hi again Iraq Affinity Group supporters

As we head into a bizarrely militarized July 4th nationally, and gear up
for the July 20 mobilization against war in Iran or Venezuela, this is
a notice that the Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group will be
meeting this coming Monday, July 8 at 7 PM at our office at 2807 SE
Stark. (Meetings are usually on the 2nd Monday of each month.)

As usual, if you're unable to attend in person we can try to plug you in
by phone, just let us know if you want to do that. Your participation is
welcome!!!!

Here's the proposed agenda for Monday's meeting:

MISSION STATEMENT:
    The Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group is committed to educating
    the public about the effects of U.S. policy on the people of Iraq, and
    other areas including SW Asia, North Africa, and the "Middle East,"
    and on the domestic costs of war.

7:00 PM Political update: brief headlines including what's new in Iraq,
      Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Iran, Gaza, Yemen, Korea,
      Venezuela and the US

7:25 PM Proposed and ongoing actions:
      ---July 20 mobilization: "No U.S. War in Iran or Venezuela"
         --discussion/updates
      ---City Council resolution against war? --discussion
      ---9/11 18 Years Later: Enlistees Born During War action-- updates
      ---Hiroshima Day 2019 (August 6) planning with PSR-- updates
      ---Vancouver Peace and Justice Fair Sat 9/14-- tabling updates
      ---Ann Huntwork fund / "US Out Of..." sign-- ready for 9/11 event?
      ---Letter to congressional reps about Yemen / War Powers-- follow up
      ---Troops home campaign / letter to Governor 2017 (sent again 11/18)
          & Blumenauer, plus war $ home/ Mayor's Conference--updates
      ---BDS, City investments and other local actions-- updates
      ---Joint Terrorism Task Force campaign-- updates
      ---Upcoming ideas /opportunities for educational forums/demonstrations
      --Other recent ideas

8:15 PM Other upcoming events/action items (incoming requests)

8:25 PM Other business--finances/fundraising and office space / phone
         Outreach/membership recruitment

8:35 PM Set next meeting
            Announcements

8:40 PM end

Please write back if there is anything missing from the proposed agenda or if
you want to attend but won't be able to make it.

As always, we need your support to help us keep doing our work!
             Donate on line: http://www.pjw.info/pjwdonate.html

--dan handelman
      Peace and Justice Works
        Iraq Affinity Group