[pjw] INFO: Iran resolution at City Council Wed Nov 13, 3:30 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Tue Nov 12 15:44:24 EST 2019

Hi again folks

If it matters to anyone, the order of the resolutions has been changed and
now the nuclear weapons resolution will be heard at 3:30 PM and the Iran
resolution at 3:55 tomorrow at City Council. (Both times depend on how
long Council / community discussion lasts-- there is an item preceding the
resolutions about bicycle parking, which if it runs long means everything
could start later. And, of course, if the testimony on the first
resolution runs long the Iran resolution may not get heard until later,
etc.

If you are planning to go and/or if you already wrote to Council I'd be
interested to hear about it. I forgot to mention Friday that we gathered
over a dozen more signatures on the petitions at the Forum last week so
now we've sent over 150 names to Council.

I've left the original email outlining the substance in below; at that
time the links weren't available to the full text of the resolutions. Here
are those links:

1050 TIME CERTAIN: 3:30 PM - Declare City's opposition to nuclear
    weapons and urge the U.S. Federal Government to sign the Treaty on the
    Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons and take action to prevent nuclear war
    (Resolution introduced by Commissioner Fritz)  25 minutes requested

    https://www.portlandoregon.gov/auditor/article/746805

1051  TIME CERTAIN: 3:55 PM - Urge our Federal Government to engage in
    diplomacy with Iran (Resolution introduced by Commissioner Fritz)  25
    minutes requested

    https://www.portlandoregon.gov/auditor/article/746804

That's all for now...

dan handelman