[pjw] MEETING: Peace and Justice Works fall quarterly meeting Sun 11/3

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Sun Oct 20 18:20:48 EDT 2019

Peace and Justice Works supporters and members:

Coming up two weeks from today is the Peace and Justice Works fall
quarterly meeting where members of the "affinity groups" (Portland
Copwatch and the Iraq Affinity Group) check in with the membership /
board about our past and upcoming work.

Some of you may have received a similar email from Portland Copwatch a
moment ago-- sorry for duplication. Also, some of you may have received a
postcard back in September with the following information about the
agenda...

----------

Peace and Justice Works
Fall Quarterly Meeting
Sunday, November 3, 2019
12:00 noon
(vegetarian potluck)
12:30 pm (meeting)
Peace House, NE 18th & Tillamook

On Sunday, November 3, please join PJW for our Fall Quarterly meeting
at the Peace House, 2116 NE 18th at Tillamook. A 12 noon vegetarian
potluck precedes the 12:30-2:15 PM meeting. You don't have to be a
member to attend the meeting. We do have to have a special election to
fill a board seat that will be opening up at that time, for which only
PJW members can participate in the vote. The board has nominated Jocelyn
McAuley, a member of Portland Copwatch, to fill the seat being vacated
by Jeff Clenaghan? and we thank Jeff for his many years of dedication to
the group!

Jeff has been our President, so we also need to choose one of the board
members to fill that role [UPDATE 10/20/19: Longtime board member
Shelley Bedell is willing to act as President]. The proposal includes
adding Jocelyn as an Authorized Check Signer, another officer position
Jeff currently holds. PJW also needs to set its annual meeting for
February, 2020, at which time we will vote for the regular terms.

Currently, the other board members are Secretary Dan Handelman, Desiree
Hellegers, Linda Tomassi, and Shelley Bedell, all of whom are also
Authorized Check signers.

We'll also get affinity group reports from the Iraq Affinity Group and
Portland Copwatch, discuss the ongoing issues around spying and the "War
on Terror," and have time for announcements.

For more information, call 503-236-3065 or email iraq at pjw.info .

Thanks

Dan Handelman, Secretary
Peace and Justice Works