[pjw] EVENT: 9/11: Twenty Years of War, Stoking Fear, Erasing Rights and Misdirected Funding Fri 9/10/21 4:30 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Fri Aug 13 16:48:00 EDT 2021

Hello again Iraq Affinity Group supporters

We had most of the details of this event figured out before last Friday's
rally and march, but finalized things this week.

It's interesting to see that the US is sending troops back into
Afghanistan to get the remnants of its occupation pulled out as the
country appears to be changing hands... back to where it was before the
invasion.

Anyway, I'm sure that the powers that be were hoping to put a positive
spin on what's happened in the 20 years since 9/11, we're here to remind
people of how it made our country--- and the world-- a less safe place.

Download a flyer for this event at
   http://www.pjw.info/911_20yl_flyer.pdf

As noted in the calendar listing below, we welcome cosponsors/endorsers
for this event.

Please share widely.

dan handelman

---------------

Peace and Justice Works
    Iraq Affinity Group
    PO Box 42456
    Portland, OR   97242
    (503) 236-3065  (Office)
    iraq at pjw.info
    http://www.pjw.info/Iraq.html

Calendar listing

For immediate release                         August 13, 2021

                    9/11: Twenty Years of War, Stoking Fear,
                     Erasing Rights and Misdirected Funding
                     Friday, September 10, 2021 4:30 - 6 PM
                   Expanded Friday Rally for Peace and Justice
                           Pioneer Courthouse Square,
                             SW Yamhill and Broadway
                  please mask up and stay distanced for safety

Join Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group on Friday, September
10, 2021 to mark the devastating 20th anniversary of 9/11. Speakers
will address issues that have plagued America and thus, the world,
after the US chose to start endless wars rather than seek justice.
Other than the wars, which expanded from Afghanistan to Iraq, Yemen,
Pakistan, Libya, Somalia and Syria, topics will include threats to
civil liberties / the prison camp at Guantanamo Bay and the rise in
Islamophobia and anti-immigrant sentiments. The event, titled "9/11:
Twenty Years of War, Stoking Fear, Erasing Rights and Misdirected
Funding", takes place at the weekly Friday Rally for Peace and Justice
at Pioneer Courthouse Square, SW Yamhill and Broadway, starting 1/2
hour earlier than usual at 4:30 PM.

The Friday Rally for Peace and Justice began less than two months after
9/11 when Portland Peaceful Response Coalition gathered at Pioneer
Courthouse Square every week. It has continued from Nov. 2001 to the
present, with PJW's Iraq Affinity Group hosting since the COVID
lockdown began in March, 2020.

Event coordinated by Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group. For
more information, or if your group would like to cosponsor or endorse
this event, contact Peace and Justice Works at 503-236-3065 or
iraq at pjw.info.