[pjw] INFO: The hour has come for nonviolence - Practical things we can do

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Wed Jan 6 22:25:01 EST 2021

Supporters of peace

I've been struggling all day how to process what's been happening in
Washington, DC (I'm sure I'm not alone on this). While there isn't an
analysis of the role the police played in what happened-- certainly if we
believe in nonviolence we can't encourage police to use violence on behalf
of the state-- this email from Pace e Bene (Peace and Well Being) reminds
us to check in with those we care about to be sure that they are doing ok
(even if some people elected to national office in this country appear to
be flying off the rails). I've heard quite a number of people remark that
if had been Black Lives Matter protestors storming the Capitol, we would
be seeing a lot of injuries and probably deaths by law enforcement hands.

We have our own events and projects to keep working on but certainly if
other such information comes our way I can share it out, at least by
sending the links to websites.

Anyway, I found this a bit comforting when I turned away from live-blogs
about DC, maybe you will too.

dan h.
peace and justice works