[pjw] MEETING/RSVP: Iraq Affinity Group "meets" Tuesday, July 13, 7 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Wed Jul 7 18:40:31 EDT 2021

Greetings Iraq Affinity Group supporters

The next meeting of the Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group will
be a conference call held this coming Tuesday, July 13 at 7 PM. Please
RSVP if you would like the call in number and access code. We also are
able to host two people (in addition to me) in the office, masks on,
windows open. If you want a "live space" let me know, first asked, first
served.

Meetings are generally scheduled for the second Tuesday of the month,
more accurately whatever Tuesday falls between the 9th and the 15th of the
month.

Here's the proposed agenda for the meeting:

MISSION STATEMENT:
   The Peace and Justice Works Iraq Affinity Group is committed to educating
   the public about the effects of U.S. policy on the people of Iraq, and
   other areas including SW Asia, North Africa, and the "Middle East,"
   and on the domestic costs of war.

7:00 PM Political update: brief headlines including what's new in Iraq,
    Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Iran, Gaza/West Bank, Yemen,
    Korea, Venezuela and the US

7:35 PM Proposed and ongoing actions:
    ---Friday rallies for peace and justice-- Reports/plans
       and Ann Huntwork fund / "US Out Of..." sign
    ---David Swanson "Guided Missiles, Misguided Policies"
        livestream event Thursday 6/24-- report back
    ---Sarah Mirk and Zaher Wahab livestream events-- updates
    ---Hiroshima Day PSR event 6 PM 8/26 and Friday rally 5 PM-plans
    ---Sept. 11 20th anniversary planning-- discussion/updates
    ---Demilitarize the police campaign-- updates
    ---Troops home campaign / letter to Governor Oct 2020
          & Blumenauer, plus war $ home/ Mayor's Conference--updates
    ---Emergency response amidst pandemic...? -- update
    ---Actions to oppose war / war crimes on Iran-- discuss
    ---City Council resolutions against wars / Iran & Venezuela --updates
    ---Letter to congressional reps about Yemen / War Powers-- follow up
    ---Joint Terrorism Task Force campaign-- updates
    ---BDS, City investments and other local actions-- updates
    ---Upcoming ideas /opportunities for educational forums/demonstrations
    --Other recent ideas

8:15 PM Other upcoming events/action items (incoming requests)

8:25 PM Other business--finances/fundraising and office space / phone
     PJW summer quarterly meeting Sat 7/24
     "Peace Network" fiscal cosponsors (update)
     Outreach/membership recruitment

8:35 PM Set next meeting
      Announcements

8:40 PM end

Please write back if there is anything missing from the proposed agenda or
if you want to attend but won't be able to make it.

As always, we need your support to help us keep doing our work!
    Donate on line: http://www.pjw.info/pjwdonate.html

--dan handelman
   Peace and Justice Works
     Iraq Affinity Group