[pjw] Action: "The Military's New Recruits Are 9/11 Children" Wed 9/11/19 4 PM

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Tue Jun 18 16:05:50 EDT 2019

Hello PJW supporters and allies

In addition to working on the short-term needs to protest potential wars
being stoked by the Trump administration, PJW has been planning a special
commemorative event for this year's 9/11. As you may have noted in the
subject line for this email, the children of 9/11, as of September, can
be cannon fodder for wars that started after they were born... but are
still going on.

At this time we're seeking groups who want to endorse this action, which
will be taking place at SW 1st and Main on Wednesday September 11. The
idea is to be a visible presence, hand out leaflets, and raise awareness.

I hope you will all look at the flyer for this event:

  http://www.pjw.info/911_18yl_flyer.pdf

It includes a cartoon inspired by Rob from Portland Peaceful Response
Coalition which illustrates the absurdity of a war that has lasted 18
years.

We're discussing the idea of maybe trying to do some paid advertising for
the event, but it's not something we usually do, however, we may double
back to ask groups to become paid cosponsors of the event depending on the
costs and advisability.

It's still over 2 months in the future but we wanted to get this on
people's radar now. We will send this to the media in a couple of days
once we get a few endorsements, but feel free to share with other groups
and individuals in the meantime.

If you have any questions let us know.

  http://www.pjw.info/911_18yl.html

Peace and Justice Works
      Iraq Affinity Group
      PO Box 42456
      Portland, OR 97242
      (503) 236-3065 (Office)
      iraq @ pjw.info
      http://www.pjw.info/Iraq.html

CALENDAR LISTING

For immediate release         June 18, 2019

                "The Military's New Recruits Are 9/11 Children"
                               Visibility action
                        *Wednesday, September 11, 2019*
                                4:00 to 5:30 PM
             SW First and Main (west end of the Hawthorne Bridge)

Children who came into this world after 9/11 are now old enough to
enlist to fight in the same wars that started at the time they were
born. The wars in Afghanistan (October 2001), Iraq (March 2003), Yemen,
Somalia, Pakistan, Libya (2011) and Syria (2014) continue to this day
with troops being deployed to "deter Iran" and add to the never-ending
carnage. Peace and Justice Works' Iraq Affinity Group is holding a
visibility action on Wednesday, September 11 from 4:00-5:30 PM at SW
First and Main (the west end of the Hawthorne Bridge) to call attention
to this mind-bending fact and to educate the public about the harms the
wars do to people, the planet, and to the budgets for domestic spending
for human needs.

It is time to Stop All the Wars, End the 2001 Authorization for Use of
Military Force, and Bring All the Troops Home Now!!! .

For more information or to get involved contact the Peace and Justice
Works Iraq Affinity Group at 503-236-3065 (voice or text), email
iraq at pjw.info , or visit the website at http://www.pjw.info. A flyer is
available at http://www.pjw.info/911_18yl_flyer.pdf .

    Flyer

                            Peace and Justice Works