[pjw] INFO/ACTION: US considering retaliation for Iran shooting down drone

Peace and Justice Works pjw at pjw.info
Thu Jun 20 20:16:23 EDT 2019

PJW supporters
The one good thing I can say about this latest escalation with Iran: Trump
noted that there are not people in drones and no human being was hurt, and
said he thinks the Iranians didn't shoot down a US spy drone on purpose...
but he also used the phrase "big mistake" which sounds as if he wants to
let the dogs of war loose.

The below email from the National Iranian American Council was forwarded
via the American Iranian Friendship Council this morning, they have a good
take on the urgency of demanding that Congress prevent war on Iran.

Here's a reminder of the standing call for an emergency action:

  The standing call to action for if the US launches an attack on another
  country is to meet at 4 PM at Terry Schrunk Plaza, SW 3rd and Jefferson,
  on the day of the attack, or 4 PM the day after if the attack happens
  after 4.

(I recently posted this to our "ongoing actions" page at
  http://pjw.info/ongoingvigils.html#Emergency )

Let's hope we don't need it.